Visitors and residents of Dubai who are interested in learning to dive in the open water will love this course offered by Born to Dive! Combining nine separate dives in a variety of settings, you also get the benefit of an e-learning program that allows you to work at your own pace. The PADI Open Water Course spans three days and upon completion, you’ll be certified to dive up to 18 meters with a qualified dive buddy.
Many elements of this course take place at the Jumeirah beach as well as other select locations in the area. The options to dive in Dubai are greater than you might think, and the team at Born to Dive will work with you to create a schedule that meets your needs. Although there are a wide range of activities to do in the area, taking a class from Born to Dive needs to be on everyone’s to-do list.
Course is available daily.
What You Will Learn
Course consists of three phases
- Knowledge Development will help you understand the basic principles of scuba diving. Available in any language you prefer. e-learning online or in a classroom.
- Go over the scuba equipment
- 5 Confined Water Dives to learn basic scuba skills. (swimming pool sessions).
- 4 Open Water Dives to use your skills and explore.
- Two days (sessions) in the swimming pool to finish 5 confined water dives.
- Two days (sessions) in the sea in the morning around 9 am.
- Course will take place on the pool and you can experience scuba diving on the sea.
- Course will take 4 days on 4 sessions, each session will take 3 hours.
- Female instructor available.
Swimming pool sessions will take place at Springdale School, Dubai
Sea dive will be at Jumeirah, Khorfkan or Fujairah beach – these sites have nice marine life and perfect visibility.
After completing the three main phases you will gain you certificate and you will be qualified to:
- Dive without professional supervision up to 18 meters.
- Obtain air fills, rent or purchase scuba equipment and participate in dive activities.
- Continue dive training by completing the PADI Advanced Open Water Diver certification to dive up to 30 meters or taking certain specialty diver courses.
To enroll in a PADI Open Water Diver course (or Junior Open Water Diver course), you must be 10 years old or older. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with scuba diving is required.
Please review the Guidelines for Recreational Scuba Diver’s Physical Examination.
Born to Dive course timings:
Weekdays (Sunday – Thursday) 5pm to 9pm. Weekends (Friday & Saturday) 9am – 6pm